Q: How many times can an upright be repaired?
– ROS UAE certify a maximum of two repairs within 500 mm on the same upright as to European standard EN15635 using the patented ROS upright repair method. This is despite all of the independent tests which have been carried out on ROS upright repair method showing that an upright can be repaired up to five times before any material weakness is identified. A detailed damage inspection, classification and repair method written by i.e Dekra has therefore built in a safety factor of 150%.
Q: Can the racking really stay loaded whilst the repair is carried out?
– Yes it can if the damage is classified as Amber or Green. If the damage on an upright is classified as Red, then the location should be unloaded of pallets, and blocked for usage. This is to ensure that you meet the health and safety obligations and user obligations in accordance with the EN15625 standard.
Q: How does it work?
– The ROS upright repair system reforms damaged posts to their original shape and design strength using controlled hydraulic pressure and precision formed dies that are manufactured from extremely high tensile strength steel. For a more detailed explanation, please contact us.
Q: Is it safe?
– Yes absolutely! The ROS process has been independently tested by several world-leading accreditation companies (see our accreditation page). One of these is the very same testing institute that all European racking manufacturers appoint to verify that their own structural calculations to ensure compliance to the various European EN standards. In addition the ROS Group of companies are present all around the world, carrying out some 150,000 repairs on a yearly basis. It would be impossible to have a network this large and successful without being able to demonstrate competence and compliance to well established safety standards.
Q: How long does it take to carry out a repair?
– It varies, but on average a typical damaged upright would only take twenty minutes for us to repair with our patented technology. We can repair approx 15-20 uprights in one day.
Q: Is there a minimum order quantity?
– Typically we will have a minimum charge of 5 upright repairs on one visit within the Bangkok area with surrounding. Upcountry may have additional changes for travel and accommodation. if you have uprights to be repaired, please contact us for a quotation.
Q: Does your repair service conform to any national standards?
– UAE does not have any particular standard for “Steel static storage systems – Application and maintenance of storage equipment”, thus we refer to the European standard EN15635 of which the ROS upright repair method has been tested and accredited for (see our accreditation page)
Q: How do you know which uprights have been repaired using ROS technology?
– All uprights repaired by ROS UAE are identified each time they are repaired by a durable label. On the label we indicate if this is the 1st or 2nd repair of the same upright within 500 mm from each other. We also issue a report of the location where the repair has been done with before and after photos.
Q: Do you offer a guarantee?
– Yes, with the ROS patented method of repairing the upright, we guarantee that the upright is brought back to its originally design strength.
Q: How often should I inspect my racking?
– The EN15635 standard stipulates that a weekly internal inspection of your racking should be conducted by the Person Responsible for Storage Equipment Safety “PRSES”. In addition to this, and independent inspection should be carried out at least every 12 months by an external expert. In some cases, such as very large and fast moving distribution centres, inspections by an external expert should be carried out more frequently, ranging from monthly to quarterly or every 6 months.
Q: Are you able to carry out rack inspections?
– Yes ROS Thailand can offer independent rack inspections, please contact us for more information.
Q: My current racking supplier has told me that this repair method is not approved by the racking manufacturers. What is your response to this?
– Rack suppliers and manufacturers generally repair damaged uprights by supplying replacement parts, with little or no competition. Now when there is a much more convenient and cost-effective solution available, it is quiet normal that this should concern them from a commercial and competitive perspective. However, when making your decision, remember some important facts about the ROS repair method: The ROS process has been independently tested by several world-leading accreditation companies (see our accreditation page). One of these is the very same testing institute that all European racking manufacturers appoint to verify that their own structural calculations to ensure compliance to the various European EN standards. In addition the ROS Group of companies are present all around the world, carrying out some 150,000 repairs on a yearly basis. It would be impossible to have a network this large and successful without being able to demonstrate competence and compliance to well established safety standards.
Q: Is there any situation when the ROS upright repair method can not be used?
– Yes, if the there is a tear in the steel of the upright, it has to be replaced, as even if the shape is restored the original load capacity can not be the same as it was originally designed for if the steel is broken.
Q: This sounds too good to be true, what’s the catch?
– There is no catch! Gone are the days when you were forced into spending extortionate amounts of money buying replacement parts and on expensive labour, scissor lifts, forklift trucks, etc. There is now a safe, secure and cost-effective solution! ROS UAE can offer a no obligation demonstration and sign off of a first upright repair for all orders received. If you are not fully convinced you would not be charged in any way by ROS UAE.
Get in Touch
We have tried to cover all of the most commonly asked questions here,but if there is anything further that you would like to know